To be honest, there wasn’t a lot of food to speak highly of on tour. Lots of gas station food, a fixed menu at Bennigan’s, some reception food, and continental breakfasts.. blahhh. But there is lots to share! Here’s a tour in photos of… tour…
This is only a modicum of the photos I took, and only in Chicago, but it was a good if exhausting trip. I spent the whole next day
resting practicing for a concert I’m singing in soon and rehearsing for the two church services I had to sing early EARLY the next morning. And, also, shopping for Timothy’s birthday!
We had steak on the grill and parsnip fries!
Prep Time | 10 minutes
Bake Time | 20ish minutes
Several parsnips (I used 5 med.-large)
E.V. Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450. Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
1. Peel parsnips and chop the ends off.
2. Cut into strips. My methodology was to cut them in half lengthwise and then go to town chopping them into long skinny strips. I won’t lie, this was not a fast process.
3. In a bowl, toss with olive oil (not a lot, maybe a couple of tablespoons until they are coated). Option: You could also just spray them with cooking spray while spread on the baking sheet.
4. Spread on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake until golden brown – keep an eye on these puppies! I also rotated the sheets about halfway through.
I made my first birthday cake and decorated it all by myself! It is not beautiful.